Webster University Geneva Library houses approximately 29,000 items selected to support
the courses and research of students, faculty, staff and alumni. The library has a
variety of study areas where students can work and research in calm, comfortable spaces.
With assistance from professional and support staff, students can access collections
comprising reference, periodical, media, and general materials.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Library closed and worked mostly online since mid-March. We partially reopened after June 8 and you will find we have adjusted our seating and study spaces to the recommended distanced spaces. An automatic hand sanitizer station is located in the entrance way and we ask that you wear masks when speaking with anyone and follow the traffic directions to keep safe distancing. Library spaces, including door handles and screens are cleaned frequently and will be cleaned after your use. We are very pleased to see you in person again and will do our best to assist you safely in person or online!
To search our collections, go to our Library Catalog.
The Online Library gives access to over 200 research databases including over 40,000 academic journals, over 50,000 ebooks, streaming educational videos and numerous academic guides to help with database use, citations, and research. These are accessed using your name and Webster ID. Explore on your own or visit the library for assistance.
Contact Library staff using the links below and remember to use Webster's extensive online Library materials at: library.webster.edu
Opening Hours for Summer 2020 and Fall 2020
Monday-Thursday: 9am - 17:30
Friday - Sunday: CLOSED
Summer Term ends on July 10.
The Library will be closed from July 11 - August 23 and reopen on August 24, 2020.
To visit the library or return books from July 13-17 please email Library Staff Assistant
Fall 1 2020
Monday - Thursday: 8:30h - 20:30h
Saturday: 12 - 16h
New Rules in place during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Please wear a mask when entering the Library and talking with staff and other users.
• Students must sign a Covid notification form once every 2 months. Visitors should go to Reception in the Administration Building upon arrival.
• All who enter the Library need to sign in and sign out when they leave on a sign in sheet. This enables us to contact anyone in case of the need to isolate.
• BOOK STACKS are to only be used by staff.
• Go to https://www.webster.ch/library/ and search for library materials in the OPAC catalog. Make note of the title and call number of an item you would like to use and request it at the Library desk or by phone or email and we will notify you when we have it for you.
• RETURNED books will be quarantined for 5 days in a special box. After that the item will be reshelved.
Personal distancing should be maintained and this means that students cannot sit and work together in the library. 1 person can sit on the sofa, there are 4 seats at tables along the windows, the study carrel spaces are limited to 3 with one empty between each. There are a few other single distanced tables but the small sections in the stacks are off limits because or their proximity to the books and to staff who have to move around. For more general information concerning measures in place during the Coronavirus epidemic you can also see: this page.
A Webster identity card with a current term sticker must be shown before books and other material will be issued.
- 5 books per student for a 14-day loan, renewable during the term.
- 1 Multimedia item for a 7-day loan.
- Books: 3-hour loan.
- Multimedia: 1-day loan.
- Regular items that are late will incur a fine of .50 chf per day up to a maximum of 10 chf.
- Reserve items are on reserve to be used by a number of students in a class. If they are late they have a fine of 5chf per hour up to a maximum of 50 chf.
- NOTE: Regular collections can be renewed by contacting us by phone, by email or by stopping in at the Library.