Webster University Geneva Library houses approximately 29,000 items selected to support
the courses and research of students, faculty, staff and alumni. The library has a
variety of study areas where students can work and research in calm, comfortable spaces.
With assistance from professional and support staff, students can access collections
comprising reference, periodical, media, and general materials.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Library closed and worked mostly online since mid-March. We partially reopened after June 8 and you will find we have adjusted our seating and study spaces to the recommended distanced spaces. An automatic hand sanitizer station is located in the entrance way and we ask that you wear masks when speaking with anyone and follow the traffic directions to keep safe distancing. Library spaces, including door handles and screens are cleaned frequently and will be cleaned after your use. We are very pleased to see you in person again and will do our best to assist you safely in person or online!
To search our collections, go to our Library Catalog.
The Online Library gives access to over 200 research databases including over 40,000 academic journals, over 50,000 ebooks, streaming educational videos and numerous academic guides to help with database use, citations, and research. These are accessed using your name and Webster ID. Explore on your own or visit the library for assistance.
Contact Library staff using the links below and remember to use Webster's extensive online Library materials at: library.webster.edu
Opening Hours for Spring 1, 2021
Monday – Thursday: 9:30-18:30
Friday- Sunday: CLOSED
The Library reopens on January 11, 2021 to students, faculty and staff under restricted rules due to the ongoing Covid19 epidemic.
6 students may use the library at a time with up to 2 Library staff.
Masks are required while moving, about or consulting (all areas are sanitized after each use.)
Safe distancing is required and users should use scan the QR code and fill out the visitors form.
In person and Zoom meetings and consultations by appointment with Librarian, Sharon Hitchcock (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
New Rules in place during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Please wear a mask when entering, consulting and moving about the Library.
• Students must sign a Covid notification form once every 2 months. Visitors should go to Reception in the Administration Building upon arrival.
• All who enter the Library should scan the QR code and fill out the form or sign in and out on a signin sheet.This enables us to contact anyone in case of the need to isolate.
• BOOK STACKS are to only be used by staff. Request titles and call numbers, staff will retrieve and you pick up by arrangement.
• Go to https://www.webster.ch/library/ and search for library materials in the OPAC catalog. Make note of the title and call number of an item you would like to use and request it at the Library desk or by phone or email and we will notify you when we have it for you.
• RETURNED books will be quarantined for 5 days in a special box. After that the item will be reshelved.
Personal distancing should be maintained and this means that students cannot sit and work together in the library. 6 users at a time can work at distanced study areas: to choose from are: 1 person on the sofa, 4 possible seats at tables along the windows, the study carrel spaces are limited to 3 with one empty between each. For more general information concerning measures in place during the Coronavirus epidemic you can also see: link to page.
A Webster identity card with a current term sticker must be shown before books and other material will be issued.
- 5 books per student for a 14-day loan, renewable during the term.
- 1 Multimedia item for a 7-day loan.
- Books: 3-hour loan.
- Multimedia: 1-day loan.
- Regular items that are late will incur a fine of .50 chf per day up to a maximum of 10 chf.
- Reserve items are on reserve to be used by a number of students in a class. If they are late they have a fine of 5chf per hour up to a maximum of 50 chf.
- NOTE: Items can be renewed by contacting us by phone, by email or by stopping in at the Library!