Our Focus: Value Creation
Through the knowledge of organizational purpose and its successful strategic application, the MBA at Webster University Geneva teaches students the business competencies needed to develop and implement value creating ideas and solutions while building the personal skills necessary to achieve their professional aspirations.
More About Our MBA
The MBA is a 12-course sequence, delivered by a combination of research professors and practitioners who are at the forefront of their field in areas ranging from organizational behavior and behavioral finance to strategic management and leadership.
Students can choose to attend with one of two options: Live Virtual (Off-campus) or Face to Face (On-Campus)
The innovative curriculum delivery methods combine online learning weekly through WorldClassroom (Canvas) with three-hour live application and discussion sessions, either face-to-face or virtually for 8 week terms. Class times are adapted to the cohort of students who are currently enrolled. Common options include two weekday evenings from 6pm or Saturdays from 11am with special events/networking also built into the terms. Please contact admissions to discuss your preferences.
Webster offers five such terms per year (Fall 1 and Fall 2, Spring 1 and Spring 2 and one 8-week Summer term).
This allows busy professionals to attend, and for those who may be seeking employment or internships to keep an open daytime schedule.
The following are required courses in the MBA Degree:
Foundation courses (4)
• Business 5000 *
• Value Creation
• Quantitative Methods for the MBA
• Marketing Analysis and Business Planning
Value Creation (CORE) Components (5)
• Adding Value through Human Capital
• The Financial Value of Capital Projects
• Providing Value to Customers
• The Supply Chain and Business Processes
• Information Support for Decision Making
Value Creation in Practice (2):
• Cases in Value Creation
• Walker Consulting Project
Electives (3-6 hours)
*Students with a previous ACBSP (or equivalent) accredited degree or students who pass a waiver exam may substitute an elective for BUSN 5000.
Walker Joint MBA Program
Students who have completed an ACBSP accredited undergraduate program at Webster within the past 10 years may waive 6 credit hours of electives, reducing the number of required courses to 30 credit hours. The degree can then be completed in as little as one calendar year.
Webster University carries both American accreditation as a university (institution-wide), as well as a specific ACBSP accreditation for our business programs, which ensures the long-term recognition of your degree around the globe (see also our accreditations page).
MBA with an Emphasis in Corporate Finance
39 to 45 Credit Hours
The MBA with an emphasis in corporate finance must include the following courses:
- FINC 5000 Finance* (3 hours)
(prerequisites: BUSN 5760 and BUSN 5600)
- FINC 5100 Financial Modeling (3 hours)
- FINC 5810 Capital Budgeting and Corporate Investment (3 hours)
- FINC 5880 Advanced Corporate Finance (3 hours)
- FINC 5890 Financial Statement Analysis (3 hours)
- FINC 6100 Corporate Finance Emphasis Exit Exam (0 hours)
*FINC 5000 may substitute for MBA 5200. FINC 5000 and BUSN 5760 may substitute for MBA 5020.
42 to 45 Credit Hours
The MBA with an emphasis in cybersecurity must include the following courses:
- CSSS 5000 Introduction to Cybersecurity (3 hours)
- CSSS 5120 Cybersecurity Infrastructures (3 hours)
- CSSS 5210 Cybersecurity Law and Policy (3 hours)
- CSSS 5220 Cybersecurity Threat Detection (3 hours)
42 to 45 Credit Hours
The MBA with an emphasis in digital marketing management must include the following courses:
- MRKT 5740 Management of Digital Marketing (3 hours)
- MRKT 5895 Marketing Analytics (3 hours)
- MRKT 5750 Management of Social Media (3 hours)
- MRKT 5790 Digital Marketing Strategy (3 hours)
Dual Degree Option: MBA/MA in Management and Leadership
48 to 51 Credit Hours
- BUSN 5000 Business (3 hours)
- MBA 5010 Value Creation (3 hours)
- MBA 5020 Quantitative Methods for the MBA (3 hours)
- MBA 5030 Market Analysis and Business Planning (3 hours)
- MBA 5200 The Financial Value of Capital Projects (3 hours)
- MBA 5300 Providing Value to Customers (3 hours)
- MBA 5400 The Supply Chain and Business Processes (3 hours)
- MBA 5500 Information Support for Decision Making (3 hours)
- MBA 5910 Cases in Value Creation (3 hours)
- MBA 5920 Walker Consulting Project: Adding Value to Organizations (3 hours)
- MNGT 5000 Management (3 hours)
- MNGT 5590 Organizational Behavior* (3 hours)
- HRMG 5000 Managing Human Resources (3 hours)
- MNGT 5650 Management and Strategy (3 hours)
- MNGT 5670 Managerial Leadership (3 hours)
- HRDV 5630 Organization Development and Change (3 hours)
- MNGT 6000 Integrated Studies in Management (3 hours)
*MNGT 5590 may substitute for MBA 5100.
Read more: MA in Management & Leadership
Academic Performance & Need Based Scholarships are available. More details can be found on our Graduate Admissions Pages.
Webster MBA graduates have been employed by companies & organizations including:
Julius Baer & Co
“I wasn’t a typical business student applicant on paper.”
Request More Information